At John C. Hadjipateras & Sons Ltd. we work diligently to ensure every vessel is managed with care and rigour, in compliance with increasingly complex, and often onerous, regulatory requirements. We ensure that the vessels are always compliant with all industry, national Flag State and international regulations, as well as all relevant local and port requirements.
Rigorous management of vessels
We have an excellent reputation for high quality vessel maintenance, achieved through our preventative maintenance programme, which is implemented by qualified crew members and monitored from ashore by experienced office personnel, many of whom are themselves former seafarers. Frequent visits on board vessels by shore personnel ensure deck and engine maintenance can be stringently monitored, together with inventory levels of stores and spares. Our high level of maintenance results in:
- an excellent safety record
- minimal time off-hire
- frequent carriage of clean cargoes
- positive Port State Control and Flag State Inspection Reports
- exemplary claims ratios
- minimal class recommendations and conditions
- premium on vessels’ value
This policy means that we have consistently achieved a high number of trading days per year for each of the vessels we have managed on an ongoing basis.
We work with our partners and first-class service providers to offer a full range of technical services.
Strong links and relationships
We have established close relationships with several major Classification Societies and have increasingly strong links with a number of Flag Registries, which enable the surveying and certification of ships to be carried out very efficiently.
Our active industry involvement, specifically with Lloyd’s Register and the Greek Shipping Co-operation Committee, ensures that we are at the forefront of new rules and regulations, and gives us the opportunity to be involved in the development and implementation of industry legislation, especially those relating to safety and the environment.
Our strong and long-standing relationship with the West of England P&I Club enables us to provide loss prevention advice and precautionary information to the senior officers on board vessels. In-house Circulars and Vessel Advisories form part of our Safety Management System, which create a working environment of safety awareness and accident prevention.
Our transparent and hands-on approach to ships’ Daily Running Costs (DRCs) results in cost efficiency, without sacrificing our core values of reliability, safety and quality. Careful scrutiny of all aspects of DRCs is carried out continuously, facilitated by our strong ship-to-shore link.
We are also able to utilise our long-standing relationships with leading suppliers, service providers and contractors to achieve below-average operating costs. We are frequently able to secure favourable purchasing and supply contracts, with regards to pricing and payment terms, allowing us to carefully control costs for vessels’ owners.
Careful on board maintenance by the ships’ qualified crew members as well as voyage repairs in port by reputable service engineers allow for downtime to be kept to a minimum and to prevent unnecessary off-hire. This policy has proven to result in the time and cost-efficient planning and management of dry-dockings and repairs.
Disciplined project management
As a company, we have been responsible for the project management of nine newbuildings, overseeing each project from the outline specification stage, detailed technical negotiation, plan approval, construction and sea trials, through to delivery from the shipyard.
We have also arranged, coordinated and supervised numerous dry-dockings at first class shipyards and repair facilities worldwide, frequently achieving very favourable rates and payment terms. These have been done in close coordination with leading suppliers and equipment manufacturers, as well as a wide network of specialist service engineers and technicians both afloat and in dock.
Full range of support services
Together with carefully selected partners, we provide a wide range of technical services and work diligently to ensure:
- Appointment of qualified, reliable and motivated crew
- Compliance with international and Flag State regulations
- Implementation and constant reviewing of our Safety Management System
- Vessel condition monitoring and preventative maintenance to high standards
- Efficient, timely and cost-effective supply and delivery of stores, provisions, spare parts, bunkers and lubricants
- Coordination, including attendance, of vessel inspections, repairs and dry-docking
- Provision of onshore support for Masters and Chief Engineers
- Fuel efficient operation in accordance with charterers’ requirements
- Provision of precautionary information and loss prevention assistance
- Safe, secure and environmentally-friendly operation
- Constant monitoring and reviewing of new and forthcoming rules and regulations
- Pre-purchase superficial inspections
- Pre dry-docking surveys and reports